August went out with a BANG! I finished a dummy for a new book, a cover for another book (details t/k), a cover for the October SCBWI Bulletin, two paintings, and launched the EJK Bookmaking Competition. Recently, I went to NY to celebrate my 30th birthday again with friends and was able to talk some shop with my wonderful agent, Lori. It’s been a great summer.
A small part of my work frenzy was preparing art to be shown at Pennsylvania College of Art and Design. PCA&D will host original work from all of my books alongside the work of Robert Pruitt.
Robert Pruitt & Shadra Strickland
August 28 – October 30, 2015
204 North Prince Street, Lancaster, PA 17603
The Mosaic Project exhibition features Robert Pruitt’s narrative portrait drawings exploring the complexity of black identity and Shadra Strickland’s painted illustrations that invite children and adults alike to ponder questions of contemporary and historical significance. Through their work, both artists explore themes of individual and cultural identity.
Friday October 2
- 10 a.m. Artist Lecture presented by Robert Pruitt, Atrium
- Meet the Artists and Book Signing from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., Main Gallery. The following books will be available for purchase at the event, or you may bring your own book to be signed.
- Fantastic Sagas limited edition Comic Book, Robert Pruitt
- Bird and Sunday Shopping, Shadra Strickland
- First Friday reception from 5 – 9 p.m., Main Gallery
Friday October 16
- 10 a.m. Artist Lecture presented by Shadra Strickland, Atrium
The Mosaic Project is a multicultural exhibition and educational program for students and families in Lancaster County. To learn more about the legacy of The Mosaic Project at PCA&D please visit pcad.edu.